I’m happy to bring you a new episode of my series Chef Zoe’s Raw Food Basics – Magnificent Chocolate Mousse! This is one of my favorite deserts that I like to make for our family when we are craving something sweet but we don’t have too much time to prepare an elaborate dish.
The Chocolate Mousse is based on avocados and it’s blended with raw cacao powder and low-glycemic agave nectar. Decorate it with some fresh apples, bananas or strawberries and you will be in pure bliss. Check out my video to see how easy it is to prepare:
Magnificent Chocolate Mousse
- 4 Ripe Avocados
- 1/3 Cup Raw Cacao Powder
- 1/4 – 1/3 Cup Agave Nectar
- 2 T Raw Coconut Oil
- 1 t Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 t Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Himalayan Rock Salt
- Water as needed
- Add everything except the cacao powder in a Vitamix blender and emulsify. Because the mixture is dry you will need to use the temper to push the ingredients toward the blades.
- Add the cacao powder and blend until well incorporated. You may want to add some water pending on the consistency you desire. Water helps the mixture move a little better too.
- You may use a food processor for this recipe as well. Regular blender may not work because you won’t be able to push the ingredients toward the blade like the Vitamix temper allows.
- Decorate with some fresh fruit such as apples, strawberries, bananas, oranges. Enjoy within two days.
*If you need any of the ingredients I am using in my recipe, please check out my Raw Ingredients Menu. You can place an order by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © 2011 Zoe V. All Rights Reserved