It’s day 6 of my Master Cleanse journey. Both Mark and I have made it over the hump. Yay! What an interesting roller coaster experience this has been. The first couple of days were easy but the last 3, oh boy, not so much. Dealing with the cravings and the lack of solid food is a big challenge. Not so much because you are hungry but you miss having a normal meal. Sometimes just making Denzin’s food feels tempting and had it not been for my strong will and dedication, I would have given up on day 3. We are determined to complete our goal of 10 day cleanse.
Since I announced our journey publicly, I have received many positive and supportive words from family and friends. Mark and I are grateful for your encouragement from the bottom of our hearts. Some have expressed interest in the Master Cleanse diet and more specifically, how we make the lemonade. For you, guys and girls, I wrote this blog and educational video, so you will get a better understanding of the Master Cleanse diet.
Before you decide to undertake the cleanse, check out
To Buy Master Cleanse Set & Supplies, Visit
Secondly, to do the Master Cleanse properly you will need the following ingredients:
- Spring/Purified Water
- Organic Lemons
- Raw Coconut Nectar*
- Organic Cayenne Pepper
- Herbal Laxative Tea
- Grey Sea Salt
*Update 1.20.11 – I’m now using and recommending Raw Coconut Nectar in place of the traditional Maple Syrup. Here is why:
- 100% RAW – unlike maple syrup and the controversial agave nectar, coconut nectar is never processed over 115 degrees, which allows for all the naturally occurring enzymes, vitamins and minerals to remain intact.
- 100% VEGAN – not sure if you are aware but not all sweeteners are completely free of animal byproducts. Over half of the cane refineries in the United States use bone char (charcoal made from animal bones) as their activated carbon source to purify sugar. And honey is a byproduct of bees, so technically, it’s not vegan. Stanley Burroughs also advises against taking honey internally. Raw coconut nectar is absolutely vegan free of any animal byproducts.
- Low Fructose – one of the most impressive advantages is that the raw coconut sap has only 1.5% fructose when collected from the blossoms. As this sap is dried and thickened, removing much of the water, the fructose content of the final liquid only reaches about 10%. That’s far lower than the 50% – 90% fructose found in agave nectar products.
- Low Glycemic – raw coconut nectar has GI of 35 whereas maple syrup has GI of 54 and honey GI of 55.
- Abundance of Nutrients – with more than 17 Amino Acids and plethora of minerals, vitamin C and B vitamins, raw coconut nectar has an unmatched nutritional profile.
- Neutral pH – last but not least, it’s nice to know that consuming this product won’t interfere with our natural body pH during the cleanse.
Next, you will need the following equipment:
- BPA-free Water Jug
- Citrus Juicer
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoons
- Sharp Knife
- Cutting Board
Now that you have all necessary ingredients and tools, the recipe for the lemonade is as follows:
- 10 oz. warm water
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut Nectar
- 1/8 tsp. Cayenne pepper
You should drink between 6 – 12 glasses a day. Mark and I make 10 glasses each to drink throughout the day. When you multiply the recipe by 10 here is what it looks like:
- 100 oz. warm water
- 20 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 20 Tbsp. coconut nectar
- 1 1/4 tsp. Cayenne pepper
Make sure that you shake the water jug well before pouring a glass each time since the lemon pulp and Cayenne pepper will sag to the bottom. Also, it’s detrimental to drink your lemonade at room temperature so your body wouldn’t require extra energy to warm up cold lemonade in your stomach.
Every evening drink a cup of herbal laxative tea and every morning a quart of salt water (a.k.a. saltwater flush). Those two things will help with your eliminations and if you skip them, you will have no way of removing the toxins that are loosened by the lemonade drink. It will be as if sweeping your floor and never removing the dirt. If you cannot do the saltwater flush, then take a cup of the laxative tea in the morning too.
Follow this regimen for a minimum of 10 days and up to 40 days. During that time your body will be provided with all the vitamins, minerals and nutrients through the lemonade. Don’t worry, you won’t starve. If you feel hungry, just drink more lemonade. That should take care of the empty feeling in your stomach.
If you are concerned about doing the cleanse while performing your job, know you will have enough energy to sustain you through the workday. At no point have I felt dizzy, lightweight or tired on the Master Cleanse. You will even be able to exercise moderately.
And a few Don’ts:
- DON’T use Agave Nectar in place of Coconut Nectar. It would not provide you with the necessary nutrients to sustain your 10-day journey without food.
- DON’T use bottled lemon juice or conventional lemons because they lack the freshness and contain much less nutrients than freshly squeezed organic lemons.
- DON’T skip the Cayenne pepper even though it may burn slightly when drinking the lemonade. Cayenne pepper is extremely powerful cardiovascular support ingredient and helps carry out toxins out of your body while cleansing. You may, however, substitute the powder with drops or pills.
- DON’T drink a glass in the morning and then wait 4 or more hours to drink another one. Space out the glasses evenly throughout your day so you’ll have a consistent flow of nutrients going into your body. If you are going to be away from home, pack up extra lemonade to take with you.
- DON’T take any multivitamin/mineral or herbal supplements while doing the cleanse. As stated above, all that is required by your body will be found in the lemonade.
- DON’T smoke, consume alcohol or abuse drugs either! Remember, you are trying to get rid of the toxins not add to them.
To Buy Master Cleanse Set & Supplies, Visit
Copyright © 2010 Zoe V. All Rights Reserved
Thanks for this great informational video and post. Hope the cleanse was all you expected.
Is this all natural or does it have side effects?
I have been wanting to get brave and do this cleanse..your video has helped greatly with how as well as motivating me!! Thank you ~ nancy
i have read most of the videos on Youtube about the lemonade detox diet but this has to be the best e.g. step by step simple instructions and clear explanation, showed the utensils required, and food needed. i was not aware organic foods are preferred for this which makes sense.
i feel more confident and going to start preparing for it to start next week. Thanks heaps very informative video.
I can’t find grade B maple syrup. Is it ok to use pure grade A maple syrup?
And what kind of water would you recommend? Distilled or bottled (Ozarka) water?
I want to do the master cleanse but i don’t want to loose weight i want to gain weight I am 102 pounds and I’m 5:3. I want to gain 7 pound. Also i don’t eat anything that has dairy. I’m also going to try the green smoothie. let me know what you think.
Sanaa, the goal of the cleanse is not to lose weight but to shed toxins from the body. Everyone should do a thorough cleanse at least once a year if not more often. I would do it and if you lose a few pounds, you’d gain them back later if the proper diet and exercise are implemented.
I appreciate the commentary on this site, it definitely gives it that community sense!
An associate of mine is doing your master cleanse for the 2nd time in 6 months. It’s worked well for him. I’m considering doing the cleanse as well. I am on blood pressure meds (Toprol XL) as well as cholesterol (Lipitor) and triglycerides (Lovaza-fish oil) meds. Can i continue to take these meds on your cleanse?
Zoe, I found your video on You Tube! It was very clear, especially with the ingredients for the cleanse. Thanks so much for doing that..I have a lot of weight to lose..Where do you find coconut *nectar? I have seen coconut oil, water and etc., but never nectar. Where can I find it and what is the brand you recommend? We have a small Trader Joe’s here, but not yet a Whole Foods (however, they are building one here now..can’t wait till it opens)!
Can I start juicing after the cleanse? I heard you could lose a lot of weight juicing..
how much salt in the morning to a quart..
I just started and stopped because i feel i put a lil xtra cayenne pep is it supposed to be spicyy?
Yes, it is. Make sure you add the Cayenne pepper right before drinking the Lemonade as that would make it a little less intense than if you add it in advance.
Make sure it’s 2 teaspoons of Celtic Sea Salt to a quart of room temperature water. Drink within 20-30 minutes.
Alyce, if you haven’t already found Coconut Nectar, you can purchase it from me. Just email at email@example.com
Is this a good thing to do along with exercising, if you are trying to shed body fat?